Friday, July 18, 2008

My Own All Star Game

I know this isn't the proper place to brag about my softball feats and it hasn't really been an issue this season because I have played pretty poorly most weeks. But last night I had my best game hitting-wise as I nearly hit for the cycle (one of baseball/softball's rarest feats where a player hits a single, double, triple and home run in the same game). I led off the game with a home run and hit a triple in my next at bat. My third at bat I popped out to the shortstop. My fourth at bat I hit a double. Unfortunately I didn't get any more at bats as we won the game 14-4.

An old girlfriend once told me the happiest she ever saw me was running around on the softball field. That was around 20 years ago and I'm not sure she was trying to compliment me. But I also am not sure that what she said wasn't true then and still isn't true now. Of course coming home to the sight of three wound up kitties would have to rank up there on the list as well.

4 comments:

Karen Jo said...

Congratulations. Everyone ought to have something that they do that they really, really enjoy.

Daisy said...

Woohoo! Congratulations!

Ana said...

Congrats! And your last sentence is so true!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a super softball day! Congratulations.