Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ding

I wiped out on my scooter for the first time ever. The streets were still wet from the rain the previous night. I was right before an intersection/stop light and the car coming towards me took a left in front of me. I gently hit my brakes but I felt my tires skidding and I couldn't stay upright. Fortunately I wasn't going very fast at the time (probably around 5 to 10 mph) so I basically just tipped over skinning my arm and knee. My neck is also a little sore. I was pretty lucky that there was no one behind me.

It was bound to happen sooner or later and I'm not kidding myself that riding a scooter in the city can be more than a little treacherous. As some of the kitties in this house can attest to first hand, the world can be an awfully dangerous place.

4 comments:

Gizmo said...

Aww, glad it was only scritches and not anything more!

Daisy said...

Oh my goodness! That sounds terrible. I am glad you were not seriously hurt.

meemsnyc said...

Oh no, sorry to hear about falling on the scooter. Glad you weren't hurt badly. Mom bean wants a scooter too, but she's afraid of all the scary New York drivers.

Ana said...

OMG! Glad you are not hurt more. Take care!