Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Soup Saga Continued

I brought Diego-san into the vet this morning. She ended up shaving the area around the burn so I could keep a better eye on it for infection. She also gave Diego a fancy collar to wear for the next week or so.

I think he may hold having to wear the collar against me as much as burning him in the first place seeing he takes great pride in his appearance.

The vet also said that the fur of the burn area itself likely will never grow back so we will have a permanent reminder of the great soup incident. I get upset with every ding in my Mini Cooper and every scratch on my scooter or iPhone screen. Imagine how this news made me (and Diego) feel.

I'm not sure how effective the collar is going to be in preventing Diego-san from licking the wound. He's already figured out that if he walks close to a wall, the collar will bend back giving him access to the wound again. Plus Theo immediately started licking the wound as soon as he saw the fancy collar and the bald spot.

Quite the morning in these parts.

7 comments:

Gizmo said...

Aww Poor Diego-san! I hope he gets to feelin better and dosent hold it against you for too long. =^..^=

Ana said...

The fur will not grow again? Ohhh, that's too bad.

Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

Poor Diego-san! Purrrrrrrrrrrs

Daisy said...

Poor bebbeh Diego!

Denise said...

I was afraid their might be a collar in your future. They do make hard plastic cones that would stop Diego, but you may have to separate him from Theo. With a fluffy cat like Diego, even if the fur doesn't grow back on the scar, it will probably be very hidden, but it takes a long time for cat fur to grow in. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Oh poor Diego! I think having to wear the collar is the worst, I am glad that Diego-San has worked out a way to bend the collar to his liking.

I am amazed that the fur won't grow back there!

I hope your thumb and Diego-San's owie feel better quickly.

meemsnyc said...

What a neat collar! We are sorry to hear that the fur does not grow back. Hope you feel better soon Diego-san!