Saturday, March 01, 2008

How Does He Do That?

Diego-san's investigative/ observational skills are admirable. Seems if I rearrange a room, or move anything in that room to another spot, he'll immediately notice and will go over to investigate further.

I ordered a new carrying case for my iPhone (have I ever mentioned how much I LOVE my iPhone?) and it came with a thin piece of plastic to put over the screen so you don't have to keep wiping fingerprints off the glass (the most annoying thing related to the iPhone). I put the plastic on the glass but I got it on crooked so I decided to take it off. I put the thin piece of plastic inbetween pages of a newspaper and went my merry way.

I came back to find Diego had spread the newspaper all around the living room and was sniffing at the piece of plastic. I was amazed that since he hadn't seen me struggle with putting the plastic on my iPhone screen that he had any idea the newspaper was any different from when he was last in the room...

UPDATE: Theo jumped up on to the kitchen table to help me sort the mail out!

3 comments:

Karen Jo said...

I don't know how Diego-san managed that one. Maybe he smelled your scent on the plastic? I did see a documentary on cats that said that cats have a mental image of their homes and immediately notice anything new, but that one was really tiny. Three cheers for Theo!

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

It's a scene thing. Like Karen Jo said, we have mental image of the home, but it all in smell. So the minute the smell change, even just a little bit, we know when something up.

Good going Theo!

Daisy said...

Hmmm. My Mommie might need to order one of those plastic screen covers, too.