Monday, March 24, 2008

The Patient and Polite Boy

When Theo or Diego want a drink out of the faucet, they have no problem letting me know. Theo in particular will cry and cry until I turn the water on. Diego tends to let out a bellow before he even goes into the bathroom and this is a signal to me that I'm supposed to follow him.

Thompson is a much more reserved water seeker. Often I'll happen to pass by the bathroom and see him sitting in the dark on the vanity. When I turn on the light he gives me a look of, "if it isn't too much trouble could you please turn on the water for me?" I'm not sure how long he generally waits for me but once the water is on he'll drink for a long time indicating that he was quite thirsty. After he is done drinking Thompson will sometimes sit there and watch the trickle of water swirl down the drain. It's almost as if he is trying to figure out where the water magically comes from and where it ultimately ends up going.

4 comments:

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

When you turn on the water for me, I get scared and run out of the room. I drink from my drinking bowl.

Here are baseball pictures.

Daisy said...

Ever since I got my own special plastic Dixie cup of water that is always sitting by the sink for me, I do not have to wait for the water to go on any more!

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

I don't go near running water or dripping tap. Actually, I don't like tap water much, I prefer milk or rainwater.

Anonymous said...

Mom changes our water (chilled and filtered from the fridge) twice a day, plus we get a fresh glass of water on the bedside table (chilled and filtered from the fridge) when Mom goes to bed. We're good.