Monday, June 18, 2007

Not a Very Happy Camper

Thompson's alone time with me has lessened considerably in the past few months. Whenever he does decide to sit on my chest while I'm lying down watching TV, inevitably Theo will join us and Thompson shortly will go sit somewhere else.

This past week has been terribly hot and muggy so I've had the air conditioner on meaning no open windows. Sitting in my main level bedroom window is perhaps Thompson's favorite activity in life.

Also, Thompson remains skeptical about the new brand of food being slowly phased in. He quickly eats all the older stuff in his dish and leaves the room. Yesterday when he did sit on my chest, he got as close to my face as he could, licked it and kept trying to get closer and closer. It was as if he decided a new strategy was in line- that if he paid me enough attention perhaps I'd change all these changes.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think Thompson is one of those cats that really likes routine, Kellie is like that. She wants her same food, at the same time everyday. She wants to go to bed at the same time, look out the same window.......

Shelley

Daisy said...

Poor Thompson, he looks sad. I think you must give him many, many treats. OK?

Dma said...

But if I give Thompson treats that would be a break from his routine. Hmmmm.