Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Ferdinand

As far as I know, Theo has never really been outside. He's not much of a window cat. Yesterday I caught him watching a bird who was sitting peacefully in our front yard. Theo's look suggested he was not thinking of the bird as prey but as a chirpy little toy. I truly believe if I let Theo outside, he'd be like Ferdinand the bull- perfectly content just to smell the flowers when he really should be stalking a meal. It's probably a good thing he's an indoor cat and he has a box of toys and a dinner dish that is filled three times daily.

6 comments:

Karen Jo said...

It's nice to have a peaceful cat. Theo would probably try to walk up and sniff the bird and be surprised when it flew away. It is good that he has a good home with you.

Ana said...

Oh I can just imagine Theo very well playing with the birdies outside :-)

Anonymous said...

Theo may surprise you! Mom had to save a squirrel this morning from Grayson, the lover kitty. It's usually Gandalf who is hunting!

Unknown said...

Ha, ha, ha....that is cute! I LOVE Ferdinand the Bull, and I agree, I think Theo would be out in the garden frolicking through the flowers, smelling them and saying hi to all the birds.

Daisy said...

I like to sing a cackling song to the birdies. They do not enjoy it.

Moki The Wobbly Cat said...

hehe...I love cats like Theo!