Thursday, April 17, 2008

Hissed Off

There's a little pond behind where I work. Today it was nice out so I decided that I'd take a little stroll. I was coming down the path toward my building when I heard something hiss at me. I looked to my left and there was a large Canadian Goose (not pictured here). I had never been hissed at by a goose before, didn't know it was possible. It was kind of a sissy hiss so I thought about running home and getting Thompson to show this bird what a real hiss sounds like.

I was just about to have a hissy fit about getting hissed at when I looked closer at the goose. She was guarding a nest of eggs. My bad. Mother Goose had every right to be protective and concerned about my intrusion...

7 comments:

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

There you go, should apologize to the goose for intruding, however, unintentional :)

gottagopractice said...

It's Spring!

Daisy said...

Do you think you saw the real Mother Goose?

Anonymous said...

Yes, Geese hiss & stick their funny tongues out at you... watch out when they start honking & flapping their wings!

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

We have Canal ducks sometimes that are big and mean enough to scare me. I was so impressed when the big drake come on the porch and Bean face him down and threaten to throw him in the cook pot!

Unknown said...

Oh, I must apologize for my fellow Canadian. If her future babies weren't so close by I am sure she would not hiss at you, we are known as a very polite people you know.

Gledwood said...

Yeah fair point she did well to be protective... I still think geese really ENJOY being hissy though, know what I mean..??!?