Tuesday, April 08, 2008

For Emily Whenever I May Find Her

I was tagged by Moki for an interesting lil meme. Here are the guidelines:

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people and post a comment to Mickey once you have posted it.

The nearest book is the one I happen to be reading at the moment, Ann Patchett's Truth and Beauty. Turning to page 123, here are the sentences:

"I have to meet with my philanthropist."

"Oh," she said dreamily, "your philanthropist. You promise that you told him all about your talented friend?"

I'm currently reading the book because I took a short story writing class last winter and the story written by one of my classmates that completely blew me away reminded some of my classmates of Patchett's Truth and Beauty. Since I had not read the book I added it to my list of books to read.

I'll tag Kellie, Diamond, Karen Jo, Momo, and Daisy.

6 comments:

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Oh dear, this is going to be a tad boring - I am at the Research Centre at the university and my nearest book is The Southern Caucasus in Prehistory by K. K. Kushnareva. Enough said. I am not sure you want to know anymore. Thanks for the tag. I may just cheat and find a more interesting book when I get home.

Karen Jo said...

This is a fun meme. Thank you for tagging me.

Daisy said...

Oh, my Mommie reads a lot of books, but they are just fun books, nothing very interesting like that!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tag, this looks like an interesting meme.

What a cute picture of Thompson!

Mickey's Musings said...

Thanks for playing :) It's fun to see what our beans are reading ;)
Purrs Mickey

Moki The Wobbly Cat said...

We enjoyed your meme responce. The book meme in particular has been one of our favorites. It's nice to see what all the different beans are reading!