Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Safe and Sound

There's a tear at the bottom of the main level bedroom's window screen. The other day when I was mowing my lawn I saw Diego-san had positioned himself in the window so that he was leaning against the screen. I'm sure he could have crawled out the hole in the bottom of the screen had he wanted to.

As a precaution I meant to grab the always useful duct tape to provide a temporary solution to the tear but I forgot.

That evening when I was getting home late at night I saw a black cat wandering around in my backyard. My heart sunk as it occurred to me that Diego might have gotten out. I rushed into the house and was greeted by Thompson and Theo but there was no sign of Diego. This always concerns me since Diego is usually right there to greet any visitors to the house.

But moments later Diego came down from upstairs.

Just another exciting little moment about nothing in our household.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh My God! I would have been panic stricken too! I once thought Kellie escaped and I spent about 45 minutes sobbing until she finally wandered out from her hiding spot! Whew, I'm glad all the boys are safe and sound.