Thursday, September 21, 2006

Ouch

Theo has this tendency to like to stand right by one's feet. This gives him ample opportunity to rub up against people- one of his favorite activities.

This also means one has to pay attention as to not step on him. The other night I ran downstairs to grab a video tape to bring up stairs to watch. I didn't turn on any of the lights because it wasn't meant to be a prolonged task

Once I got the tape I saw that it needed rewinding so I hit the rewind button on the VCR. Once it was done I ejected the tape, turned around and headed towards the stairs. Unfortunately I didn't know Theo was right by my side the entire time and I ended up not so much stepping on him but kicking him. He immediately ran away and into the main level bedroom. I felt horrible, so I went and found him- and he cowered from me. I picked him up and reassured him that it was all my clumsiness and I wasn't trying to hurt him in anyway. All was forgiven twenty minutes later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Isn't that heart wrenching when you accidently step on or kick them! I always feel so bad and the squeel she produces almost make me cry. I always do the same thing, I pick her up and tell her how bad I feel.....