Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Great Smoke Detector Incident of 2006

Over the weekend I was upstairs doing some work. I kept hearing one of the downstairs smoke detectors beeping- indicating that its battery was low.

I asked the boyz to go down and take care of it, but none of them volunteered their services.

In a few hours the beeping was happening more often and on a regular basis so I found a new battery. To change it requires me to stand on my highest chair. I moved the chair over underneath the smoke detector. Now all three boyz were curious. Diego, of course hopped up on the chair and looked down at Theo and Thompson.

I removed him, changed the battery and went back up stairs. A few minutes later I heard another beep. Turns out I changed the battery on the wrong smoke detector. D'oh!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, that sounds so much like something I would do : )

I love the picture of Diego and Theo, Diego is looking all cool and relaxed and Theo looks startled.