Thursday, October 04, 2007

Wednesday Night Lights

I had my final softball game of the season last night. In the fall league we play underneath lights so the game started at 9 p.m.

Usually by that time I'm either getting ready for bed or I am already in bed. So come 8 o'clock the boyz were settling into the normal routine and Theo was working himself up for the last meal of the day (which I serve right before I go upstairs for bed).

He kept trying to prod me towards the bathroom to brush my teeth (the last activity that happens before I get the boyz food in their dishes). Thompson and Diego figured something must be up because I was gathering up my softball equipment and I put on my tennis shoes. They may have seen a lot of strange behavior from me over the years but they boyz have never seen me wear my shoes to bed. So Thompson and Diego resigned themselves to the fact that dinner was gonna be later than usual. I don't think Theo gave up hope of being fed until I left the house.

We won the game 24-4.

2 comments:

Daisy said...

Hooray for winning the game!! But I'll bet the boyz are glad the season is over so you will not be gone so late.

Unknown said...

You don't wear your shoes to bed? How odd, my Mum does! Ha, ha, ha... I'm a funny cat!