Wednesday, November 01, 2006

More Tricks than Treats

Halloween was as expected. Diego spent all evening strategically perched on the living room coffee table where he could keep an eye on everything going on. Theo rushed to the door each and every time the doorbell rang as he quickly caught on to the routine and wanted to check out all the visitors to our house. Thompson stayed in the safety of the stairs leading to the upper wing of the house.

We had about 15 trick or treaters- not a very big number (lots of extra candy). My sister's family came over for their traditional visit to my house. The boyz greeted my two nieces but were nowhere to be seen when the rest of the family (my sister, brother-in-law, and two nephews) arrived.

I spent the rest of the evening wondering when I should go to bed- was 8:30 too early to stop answering the door? Turned out no one showed up after eight, but still I couldn't help but remember back to my days dressing up for the occasion- how I so looked forward to Halloween- all the candy and pretending to be something else for just one day...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Halloween just isn't the same as when I was a youngster, I guess all the crazy people in the world ruined that. I remember going trick-or-treating with my cousins and we would cover the entire city, staying out for hours. It was nothing for my Mom to have 150 kids to the door of our house. My Dad still lives in the same house and this year he had 5!