Friday, September 05, 2008

Not a Happy Kitty

Diego-san and I had a little spat yesterday. I'm having a contractor finish off my basement. Last summer the contractor framed and sheetrocked the basement and this year he's putting in the doors, carpet, and painting.

True to his nature Diego wants to supervise the project. I let him downstairs last week after the basement had been primed. He proceeded to throw up not once, but twice, presumably from the paint fumes. So yesterday after more work had been done I got home and found that my contractor hadn't latched the door shut and Diego had managed to work the door open. He was down there walking between all the powertools and breathing in all the saw dust. The paint was still wet so I yelled at him to go upstairs.

He of course wanted none of that so he kept running around the basement until I was finally able to shoo him upstairs. The rest of the night he tried reopening the door, and being unsuccessful, howled in protest. Since all this was going on around dinner time, he missed a meal and I refused to serve him. The rest of the evening the two of us avoided each other.

We did make up at bedtime however as he came up for his nightly combing and snuggled with me afterward.

4 comments:

Karen Jo said...

It must be really frustrating for Diego-san to have all that fascinating stuff going on in the basement and not being able to snoopervise it properly. I am glad you made up by bedtime.

Gizmo said...

Thanks for stopping by! -'m glad you like reading my blog!and I'm glad you and Diego ade up! =^..^=

Gizmo said...

Sorry about the spelling in my last comment. I guess the niptinis are getting to me!!!

Daisy said...

Diego is very, very brave! If anybuddy even rings my doorbell, I go and hide under the bed for hours.