Sunday, January 27, 2008

Nickname MeMe

Diamond Emerald Eyes tagged me for my first ever meme. It's a nickname meme with the following 'rules.'

"List your real name, how you got your real name, nicknames you like/tolerate, and nicknames you wish your humans would stop calling you.

Tag several kitties, and write a comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged."

Well to start, nicknames aren't too numerous in the household. As a group I call the trio, "the boyz" or "guysos" (which I got from my favorite comic strip "Get Fuzzy.")

I didn't name either Thompson or Diego. They both got their names from a girl who took care of them in their foster home. Thompson apparently was named after the girl's boyfriend and Diego was named after the painter Diego Rivera. Since both names were unique, I kinda liked them and decided to keep them when I adopted the two.

When Thompson was first brought into the vet after his accident they named him Tumbles. I'm guessing that's because after they amputated his leg he had to learn how to walk again at times with varying success. I always thought that name was sorta mean. I sometimes call him Thomps or Thompers.

When Diego was first brought into the vet they thought he was a female cat and his name was Nicole. After his "operation" he was renamed. I added the "san" because I wanted him to sound more Asian. I sometimes call him 'the big fella' because he looks much bigger than the other two (although in fact Thompson weighs more... Diego is just fluffier).

Theo's full name is Thelonious Dribble. He was named Dribble by his foster mom because of his white streak that looks like he dribbled some milk down his chin. I wanted to name him after something music related. I considered "Dylan" and "Jazz" but neither fit. I settled on either Cecil (after the great jazz pianist Cecil Taylor) and Thelonious (after the greater jazz pianist Thelonious Monk). He actually was named Cecil for a day, but Theo seemed to be a better fit. I sometimes call him my 'lil boy' because he is smaller than either Thompson or Diego-san.

Thanks for tagging me Diamond. As for tagging others, I don't read that many of the wonderful cat blogs out there and the ones I do have all done this meme. So I'll just tag anyone who hasn't participated yet. Kind of like how when I was a little kid playing tag with the older kids I would never be able to catch them so I often ended as "it."

1 comment:

Karen Jo said...

I enjoyed reading how all the boys got their names. I also think it was kind of mean to call Thompson Tumbles.