Monday, November 19, 2007

The Squirrel

Theo's not much of a window watcher. He rarely sits on the strategically placed boxes, furniture and tables that I have set up under most of my house's windows. Sometimes I wonder if he is even aware that the world extends beyond the house's walls.

Yesterday afternoon he was perched on the kitchen table looking out into the backyard. I saw his head and eyes darting from location to location and looked out to see he was carefully watching a squirrel. His tail began to swish back and forth on the table. Moments later he was chasing Diego-san all over the house either out of displaced frustration or thinking that Diego, with his ever impressive tail, was a giant squirrel.

1 comment:

Daisy said...

Hahahah! That's very funny! I spend many, many hours each day looking out the window. It's a good hobby.