Tuesday, October 24, 2006

What's Going On?

If ever there was a cat that I really wish I could get inside his head and know what he's thinking- it's Thompson.

I've gained his trust- to a degree- so he's there to greet me at the door every evening. Others will come and he'll dart away upstairs or under a bed. He can be so sweet and nice- he's great to take naps with yet he won't "cuddle" like the other boyz. He won't crawl under the covers and share the warmth. He won't lie by my side and let me rub his belly. I think in part it's because he doesn't want to be held down at all. He always needs to be able to get up and bound away if necessary. I understand that. But I wish I could teach him the trust he has in me can be applied elsewhere as well.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ahhh, I love Thompson - I think he's adjusted amazingly well after all he has been through.