Saturday, April 22, 2006

Thompson's Time

Thompson's special time of the day is early in the morning. For the first year of living together Thompson would not only not sleep in bed with me but would rarely sleep in the same room. I think somebody taught him early on he was not allowed to go on the bed and being the obedient boy he is, he didn't stray from that rule no matter if Diego-san had no problem whatsoever of jumping up into the bed. (Diego was likely taught the same lesson only he chose not to obey it.)

So during this time when I would roll out of bed and hop into the shower I would inevitably find Thompson right out side the bathroom door waiting for me, waiting for a pat on the head and a face rub. Even though Thompson will now often sleep at the end of the bed this morning routine has continued. As I'm getting dressed Thompson will scamper over to my feet and roll around craving attention for the one time during the day. This is his rule and I feel obligated to obey.

No comments: