Thursday, April 13, 2006

High IQ

I'm among the world's biggest feline sympathizers but I got to admit that my experience with cats has given me the impression that they aren't the world's brightest animals. God bless Theo but there isn't a whole lot of evidence to indicate that there is much going on upstairs. If a thought ever came into his head he'd probably have to take a nap due to exhaustion.

Diego-san on the other hand is probably the smartest cat I've ever been around. I'm always amazed that he'll immediately notice the slightest change to any room he strolls into. If I move a box from one spot to another as soon as Diego is in the room he'll immediately go check out the box. He knows my touchy spots so if he wants attention he'll give me a look and immediately begin the behavior that he knows will get me out of my chair.

Whenever Theo or Thompson are doing something that will lead to trouble or disaster, Diego will flash them a look indicating he knows better. Sometimes he comes across as smug but Diego has a very friendly personality and loves to strut his stuff to the uninitiated.

No comments: