Friday, February 06, 2009

Black Cat Bone

Last week, one of the stories that Bob Dylan told on his Theme Time Radio Show episode devoted to music about cats, was the story of the hoodoo legend of the black cat bone.

According to this legend, black cats have an extra bone that has the power to bring back lost love and also allows one to be invisible (it's not clear to me if there is a connection between the two powers). To get this bone you are supposed to boil a living black cat and when the process is done, the bone that floats to the top is this magical bone.

I swear this was the first I heard of this legend. I hope no one now thinks that the great soup incident of 2008 (where I spilled some soup on Diego-san and burned him) was in any way deliberate. As we chronicle on this blog every day, Diego brings me much more than the power of invisibility and the return of lost loves.

3 comments:

Parker said...

I am not too crazy about that legend! I bet Diego isn't either!

Daisy said...

I never heard of that legend before, either! Anyway, I think all of Diego's bones are magical.

meemsnyc said...

That is a scary legend. I've never heard of it before.