Friday, January 30, 2009

Allez Cuisine

I recently purchased DirecTV. I've lived all these years with just over the air broadcast TV, picked up by my antique rabbit ears antenna. I bought a digital converter last summer and didn't like that when the signal is not strong, the whole picture pixilates. So I splurged and bought DirecTV and now have a zillion channels to watch.

I was ecstatic to learn that the Fine Living Network broadcasts the original Japanese version of the Iron Chef. My dad used to tape the show for me and I just loved everything about it. Unfortunately the Food Channel took it off the air and replaced it with the lame American version. I came home the other day all excited to watch the show. I was sharing the great news with the boyz- "We get to see the Iron Chef!" I exclaimed. I think Thompson and Diego-san thought they were going to get some kind of treat given the peppy tone of my voice. They were a bit disappointed when I plopped myself on the couch and enjoyed a great Foie Gras battle.

3 comments:

Daisy said...

I'll bet you have discovered a whole new world of shows with DirecTV!

Denise said...

Do you watch "Top Chef" on Bravo?

meemsnyc said...

We have DirectTv too. Its great. We love Iron Chef.