Saturday, January 31, 2009

Bittersweet

Sometimes I wonder how much Thompson thinks about his disability. He keeps up with the other boyz pretty well but when they are tearing around the house all he can do is watch.

Recently he has been doing a lot of kneading while standing on my chest. This isn't easy for him since it essentially requires him to do a little hop with his one front paw when his other missing paw would normally be pushing down on me. This makes me happy and sad at the same time. I truly admire Thompson. He has a wonderful soul and in a way he is the glue that keeps this household together.

5 comments:

meemsnyc said...

Thompson is such a sweetheart.

Daisy said...

I'll bet Thompson doesn't even realize he is any different at all!

Parker said...

I agree with Daisy, Thompson is happy just the way he is!

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Kitties cope wonderfully well. Just enjoy Thompson the way he is.

Ana said...

Thompson is such a great cat! I am sure he realizes being different but knows how to cope with it :)