Saturday, August 12, 2006

Diego-san's Birthday

Today is Diego-san's designated birthday. I selected this date for him because it's the birthday of his favorite person on this planet, my friend A-. It also happens to be the birthday of my mom and my sister.

One of the hard lessons of life is that as you get older your birthday stops being a day of excitement and celebration and turns into a day where you have to realize how quickly things fly by.

I taught Diego this lesson today. On the youngster Theo's birthday I bought Theo one of his favorite toys, a crinkly ball. What did I get Diego on his birthday? A box of kittly litter. We've badly needed a box of kitty litter all week. I have three litter boxes set out for the boyz and all three have gotten pretty low on litter. Since Diego is the one that seems to appreciate fresh litter the most (he makes it a point to follow me downstairs and use the litter box first after I pour fresh litter into it) I thought it only appropriate that on his birthday I finally do my cat owner's duty and make sure the litter boxes are all taken care of.

Happy birthday Diego-san!

No comments: