Thursday, February 16, 2006

Cats and Dogs

My dog sitting duties of the past week and a half have been equal parts fun and stressful. Kurbie and Torii have personality coming out of their impressive sized ears. But they don't really get along- Torii is so playful but part of that playfulness is constantly getting into mischief and constantly knowing what buttons to push to irritate Kurbie.

As a kid I always thought I wanted a dog. My parents didn't let us have any pets given my sisters' allergies and the fact that there were already five of us who needed to be fed and put through college. One of the first things I did when I moved out on my own was to get a cat. Turned out to be the world's coolest cat ever (the late great Mr. Max) who taught me about all things feline and how any other species just wasn't quite as cool.

Taking care of Kurbie and Torii has meant leaving my own boyz by themselves for the most part. My niece is feeding them and I have tried to stop by for visits during my lunch hour. Theo looks confused (well I guess that's normal) and he remains as affectionate as ever. Thompson looks hurt by being abandoned and just wants to be fed while Diego saunters away as if to let me know he doesn't care one way or the other.

I'm looking forward to returning home but I know deep down I'll miss the two guys my friend affectionately refers to as her "lil assholes."

No comments: