Saturday, February 18, 2006

A Professional Napper

Most visitors to my house don't get the chance to see what a cat's cat Thompson is. He's got some trust issues and he startles easily so whenever someone knocks on the front door his inclination is to run and hide. But in the every day moments around the house Thompson is as friendly as can be. He loves to talk- he grunts when he walks and he usually announces his arrival into a room with a meow. When we nap together Thompson is the greatest ever at that craft. He'll lie on the side where his front leg is missing, rest his head snuggly on my chest and he'll sleep until I need to get up. He can lie there for hours, as content as can be. I love taking naps with Thompson. I love that I get to see a side of him most others miss.

No comments: