Thursday, July 30, 2026

Devastated

I came home from work yesterday and Kenta was barely able to walk. He tried coming downstairs for his meal but only made it half way. So I brought him in (screaming his lungs out) to urgent care. He has a blockage in his urinary tract. He will need surgery and a couple of nights in the hospital. The worst part is this is likely a re-occurring issue. It could come back years from now or next week. I can’t afford another surgery. I’m devastated.
 

11 comments:

Gidget Blue Sky said...

oh poor baby! that can happen with boy cats, you can look into changing the diet

Brian's Home Blog said...

Our kitty Simon had that surgery and is doing fine. Remember, it might not come back with proper hydration and reduced stress. I give Simon Fancy Feast Broths twice daily so he can like the juice off. Yes, diet can play an important part too, the more wet food the better. Hugs from all of us.

Gidget Blue Sky said...

please let us know how kenta iz doing. dee mum always put sum water in my gooshy foodz to get me hydrated

catladymac said...

Swnding you love, purrayers and Power iof the Paw.. I have had good luck with a couple of my boys using the suggestions Broan has, and some special urinary care food.

pilch92 said...

I am sorry. If you want donations to help please tell us your paypal name.

messymimi said...

How awful for him and you. We had a cat with this problem, we fed him a kidney food and it never came back. Hydration is the big key, as everyone has said.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

never really online on thursdays, and just saw this. look into D Mannose. mackerull had three UTI before he was even a year old. by “ chance “ I saw the product online and have used it since, he turned 8 in may. knock wood and
toss salt he’s not had another…once the crystal is out of his system, look into
it…it wont get rid of crystals but it does help with bacteria and junk. can get it at chewy. 💚💚💚💚

The Island Cats said...

Oh no! I know how devastating this can be. But this is treatable. Hydration is key, wet food, make sure he drinks enough. Sending lots of hugs.

Zoolatry said...

Gentle purrs for your dear little one, though ours has not gone through this, we do know that hydration is important. We use wet food, always with a teaspoon of water added. And as others have mentioned, do you perhaps have a paypal account for those of us who may be help to offer a bit of help.

The Florida Furkids said...

Purrs and prayers for Kenta.

carol l mck said...

Lots of healing energy hugs to Kenta ~ may it resolve it self quickly rather than surgery ~
Hugs ^_^
https://anartistreflects.com