Tuesday, July 09, 2024

Kangeroo

Kenta’s favorite toy is this stuffed hedgehog? Porcupine? (I call it his kangaroo for no reason at all). No matter where I place it, it always ends up somewhere else in the house. He carries it in his mouth to the place he deems best. Yesterday I picked it up and it was soaking wet. I think Kenta may have dropped it in his water dish. I threw it in the dryer. But it now smells funny.

I checked the label to see if I can wash it but it said no. I noticed the toy contains catnip. That can’t be why Kenta loves it so much since we’ve had it for many years (my Dad bought it for Diego-San, Thompson, and Theo who never once picked it up) so whatever catnip is inside has long lost its potency. Alias and Norma too have had zero interest in the hedgehog/porcupine/kangeroo. I’m guessing the wet catnip is what is making it smell. Or maybe it’s covered in Kenta’s saliva. I honestly never smelled it until after its trip to the dryer.

I checked online if I could find a replacement and ordered a couple of different options. 
 

2 comments:

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood ‼️. christmas in joo lie iz heer, N joy yur new toyz ๐ŸŸ๐Ÿ˜บ๐Ÿ’™‼️

The Island Cats said...

So Kenta let his toy take a swim?? Sounds like he drowned it! Hope he likes the new ones.