Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Shelley and Kellie

When I started this blog many many years ago blogging was in its infancy. I never thought blogging about da Boyz would be seen by anyone. It was more an attempt to force me to write something every day, and archiving pictures of Thompson, Diego-San, and Theo. And yet somehow someone somewhere (Canada) began leaving comments on our blog. Shelley too was beginning to blog about her cat, Kellie the Orange Cat, so we regularly read, left comments on a daily basis on our blogs.

Shelley and I connected on Facebook but rarely communicated. She shared when Kellie died and left comforting comments when Thompson and Diego-San died. So I’m really sad to read that Shelley passed away this week. I so appreciated our strange connection- a love of cats and the work of blogging about our love of our feline companions. We never really met, never got to know each other on a significant basis but I can’t express how much Shelley and Kellie meant/mean to me. Our blogging connected us over a shared love of our cats and that truly meant a lot to me. I mourn this loss of a friend I never knew yet connected with so significantly. 

1 comment:

Mickey's Musings said...

I am so sorry that your friend Shelley.
Blogging is fun, but as time goes on you realize that life happens
as pets pass and sometimes people pass too.
We do this for fun and to share the stories of our cats(pets).
It is our fun creative side.Sometimes life creeps in, usually
with the passing of a pet. When people pass it is sad as we realize there
will be no more stories. I send you hugs as you remember your friend.
Be kind to yourself today.
Hugs, Nancy and purrs from Julie