Tuesday, August 02, 2022

Freak Out

I seriously let my housemates down. I flew to Denver Sunday afternoon to appear on a panel at a conference Monday morning. I was to fly back Monday evening. I hired the same food lady that came over when I was in Madison a couple of weeks ago to feed them a couple of times Monday. When she arrived in the morning the front door was ajar so she was reluctant to enter the house. She contacted me and I said I was pretty sure I closed the door and asked her to call the police. She indicated she saw Norma in the window and for me that was an indication no one was in the house since Norma has been so shy about meeting visitors in our house. A police officer did a walk through but the food lady still was reluctant to stay for a visit. So she left out food and water and left. This likely meant Alias gorged himself and Norma and Theo probably got a few nibbles. Of course being in Denver with no quick way to get back, I was trying not to freak out. Were all three OK? 

The police officer indicated the lock on the door handle was locked so it likely was I hadn’t close the door completely when I left (and Norma, who’s been more and more curious about the outside world, might have clawed the door even further open). Thankfully my storm door was still shut so none of them could get outside.

And thankfully it turned out not to be a break in although anyone could have just entered the house. I rushed home when my plane landed and things were OK although all three were clearly hungry…

 

3 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

How stressful! I'm glad everyone was okay and there wasn't a break in.

Mickey's Musings said...

Yikes! It's really hard to deal with this kind of thing when you are far from home.
So happy that things turned out so well :)
Bet everycat got some extra hugs ;)
Purrs, Julie

The Island Cats said...

Whew! What a stressful situation! I’m glad you’re home now and the kitties are okay, albeit hungry.