Monday, May 16, 2022

Alone

Last Thursday morning. I had a presentation at a convention center about 80 minutes from our house. It was at 8 a.m. so I decided rather than wake up really early and make the drive, instead I decided I would stay at the hotel by the convention center. It was the first night Alias and Norma have been alone overnight in our house without me. To make matters worse there were severe thunderstorms rolling through the area overnight that included tornados. 

I avoided the severe weather on my drive up, but worried all night that my house would be blown away and/or Alias and Norma would freak out with the high winds and perhaps hail. Plus their dinner was fed hours before they usually are fed, which they quite liked when it happened but it also meant they would need to go around 20 hours between meals something they weren’t prepared for. When I got home I was surprised that they seemed somewhat subdued. They obviously wanted to be fed but they were less harried than they are when I go to an event at night and their last meal of the day gets fed to them a couple of hours late.

Theo seemed glad to see me come home.

2 comments:

Mickey's Musings said...

WE cats can be adaptable. Norma and Alias may have tken some cues from Theo.
If he was not too worried, then they need not be worried. Bet they were happy to see you and have dinner though!!!!
Purrs, Julie

da tabbies o trout towne said...

theo.....grate job bee cauz if dad ever findz out bout de partee....
welllllll ~~~~~~~ pea ess...norma N alias ewe both did a grate job
hostin de total lee awesum partee ewe had while dad waz knot home :) ♥♥☺