Monday, February 08, 2021

Super Sunday

Ever since Alias and Norma joined us, Theo has spent the time after dinner alone napping in my clothes bag upstairs. That’s the time when I go downstairs to what I used to call the man cave (and now is the gender neutral cave) to watch some television. Norma and Alias have joined me.

Theo didn’t have a choice the first month because the three were being kept apart. When I was finished watching TV, I would feed everyone dinner and Norma and Alias would be locked downstairs while Theo and I slept upstairs. Ever since the house became integrated Theo has chosen to keep the routine the same. Napping upstairs until dinner/bedtime began. 

Last week I mentioned to him it would be nice if he would join us downstairs and that I didn’t like him spending so much time alone seeing he used to be such a social cat. The past two days he shocked me by coming downstairs during TV time and snuggling on my stomach with his siblings. 

I guess he does understand and listen to me.

 

5 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

We cats understand more than humans realize. ;-)

Timmy Tomcat said...

We know where the love is but sometimes the new members to the home take a bit getting used to

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood....just bee care ful HOW ya answer yur dad...ya due knot want him ta NOE ewe understand everee werd him speekz.... ;) ☺☺♥♥ !!

catladymac said...

Maybe he just needed to know you loved and missed him too.

The Island Cats said...

He was waiting for an invite!