Monday, December 07, 2020

Siblings

Friday morning since Theo had stopped hissing at Norma and Alias for the past day, I finally let the two newcomers go upstairs to my bedroom for the first time. This had been Theo’s sanctuary since he has spent most of the summer napping up there. Norma and Alias immediately found the mouse in the ring toy that I’ve been playing along with Theo for the past month or so. He doesn’t really get that he’s supposed to swat the mouse around the ring but rather tries to pull it out with his claw. There’s a similar toy ring downstairs that Norma loves. She’ll play with it endlessly like it’s meditative. Alias sometimes joins in. Friday Norma and Alias swatted at the mouse and Theo kinda supervised the activity. Ever since that play date Theo has only hissed a couple of times at his siblings mostly when they surprised him by moving too quickly and getting in his face.

Later Friday morning I went upstairs to check on them and found Theo and Alias napping in my laundry bag, Theo’s latest favorite napping spot. It melted my 8>. I’m still having Norma and Alias sleep downstairs at night because I don’t want them to get into things unsupervised and I don’t think they’d let me sleep the entire night. But Saturday night the four of us were in the upstairs bedroom until bedtime and Alias made a point of joining his big brother for a nap.

7 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Aww, I think they will all be pals soon.

Mickey's Musings said...

Looks like the big thaw is taking place :)
I purr the times these 3 spend together will get longer and more comfortable for all.
Maybe Theo will realize they are not meant to replace him and they won't ear him either ;)
Purrs, Julie

da tabbies o trout towne said...

theo...DOOD !!!!!!!! how....total.....lee.....awesum.....iz.....thiz...

NOW yur at de point wear EWE can get in trubullz and BLAME yur brother
and sister...N dad will bee non de wizer coz he seez ya gettin a long ;) ♥♥☺☺

Timmy Tomcat said...

That is such good news. Takes time and with good tempered house mates it is inevitable and so nice to see

catladymac said...

Slow and steady wins the race !

The Island Cats said...

That last pic just made us smile. We think you may have turned the corner.....keeping our paws crossed.

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

We always say, if Lexy and I learned to get along, any cats can! The last photo made us smile, too.