Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Our Acrobat

 Diego-san loves to leap up to the window in the basement, I think in part because neither of the other two boyz have the ability to get up there.  The jump is probably about four to five feet up and I have noticed in the past year that Diego is finding it more difficult to make it. He takes much more time in the prep part, making sure that he gets as much momentum upward from a sitting position as he can.
Getting down is even more problematic as he eases himself down the wall, falls toward the TV table and springs from the TV table onto the carpet.  I worry about this part because he could easily injure himself if he were to land wrong.  I'm guessing in a year or so, he won't be able to do this anymore.  It sucks getting old.

4 comments:

Daisy said...

Maybe Diego would benefit from a glucosamine supplement? I have become much more active since I started taking Cosequin over a year ago. I just take a maintenance dose now, one sprinkle capsule on my food every other day.

Team Tabby said...

Daisy has some good advice for Diego!

We can get in our windows because they are not high, that is three of us can - Cookie is blind so he doesn't do windows. He ges into the chairs and goes up and downstairs though, so he's happy.

purrs,
Mindy
Moe
Cookie
Mike

Shaggy and Scout said...

The perfect reason for putting a tall cat tree with platforms under the window!
By the way, how old are the boyz?

The Island Cats said...

Yeah, like Shaggy and Scout said...maybe put something there to help him climb up and get down.