Thursday, May 12, 2011

Gotcha Day

Eight years ago, Thompson, Diego-san and I became housemates. It's been a wonderful journey and I'm glad we've gotten a chance to share much of it here on the blog.

Memories of our first meeting(s)? I remember being impressed how Diego nearly lept up into my arms the first time I saw him at his foster home... I also remember how surprised I was the first night they came to their new home how Thompson was the more courageous of the two- investigating all parts of the house while Diego immediately ran to the basement and hid for two days. I did wake up to find Diego peering at me from off to the side of the bed. As soon as I reached out to pet him he ran back to the basement. Another memory is the first time I tried playing with Thompson and I rolled a ball toward him. Unfortunately I rolled it on the side of his missing leg and as he bent over to try to catch the ball with his mouth he tipped over...

Oh the fun we've had...

Happy anniversary boyz...

1 comment:

Katnip Lounge said...

Happy Gotcha Day! Diego & Thompson, you chose wisely. A fun Human is hard to find.