Saturday, January 22, 2011

Fourth Degree Look

I was home later than usual one day last week because I had a meeting near my house and it was more convenient to not make the drive to work first, and then have to back track. I couldn't believe how cold the house felt. The furnace is programmed to heat the house at 60 degrees when I'm not home, 64 degrees when I am home. Those four degrees sure make a difference...

No wonder Diego-san has been giving me the "hey geek boy, it's time to open up your wallet and heat this place" look. It worked... I did decide to bump up the temperature to 62 degrees when I'm not home.

5 comments:

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

So you should. Being late home is bad enough but leaving the poor Boyz in a cold house all by their little lonesome is even worse. Consider yourself reprimanded.

Shaggy and Scout said...

2 measly degrees?
Stick a crowbar in your wallet!

The Island Cats said...

Our mom does the same thing in our house! Like it doesn't matter that we're still here...and freezing!! We're gonna use Diego-san's look on her!!

Katnip Lounge said...

Cripes. We Western Cats would have icicle ears.

Daisy said...

Oh my Cod, that sounds freezing! During the summer months, we keep the air at 79 degrees and the AC still goes nonstop. In the winter, we only have to use the heater a few nights of the year, but we're cold if it gets below 72 degrees in the house.