Monday, March 20, 2006

Solid

Thompson didn't come down for breakfast this morning. I realize that this isn't news on the scale of "Dewey Defeats Truman" but still for a boy whose favorite part of the day since he's lived with me has been each and every meal, this was extremely unusual behavior.

I went upstairs to find him resting comfortably on the edge of the bed. I went over to him and petted him and he softly purred so I don't think he was feeling ill or anything, just that he wasn't hungry perhaps.

Thompson is a big boy. He weighs close to 15 pounds, the heaviest of the three. Diego-san may look bigger what with his long fur and big bone structure but there is a lot of fluff to his frame. Thompson is solid through and through. There is a lot of 'there' there with him.

I worry about the affect all that weight will have long term on his back. When he is standing on me with his lone front paw on my chest, the weight is hard for me to take. When he's chasing the other two boyz around, or trying to keep up, his running motion has to be quite jarring on the rest of his body. Still there is very little that he hasn't figured out a way to do, so I'm sure he'll continue to adapt to whatever obstacles may come his way.

No comments: