Monday, May 06, 2024

Extra Excitement

Extra excitement in our house this weekend. I went downstairs to feed my housemates breakfast. Instead of going to his dish, Alias dashed to the TV stand and tried to reach something underneath. For the first time ever, Kenta left a dish full of food to see what Alias was up to. Norma, concerned by the break in routine, ran upstairs. Alias and Kenta had cornered a baby mouse. Kenta took charge and brought the mouse upstairs, carrying it in his mouth. I followed them upstairs. Kenta was swatting the mouse around. I intervened and scooped it up into a jar and let it go outside. It was still moving but I didn’t know how injured it was. And really, what chance does a baby mouse have on its own?

The bad news is it seems unlikely there was a lone baby mouse in our basement. The good news is due to their skills, I deputized both Kenta and Alias as our house captain captors.

1 comment:

da tabbies o trout towne said...

grate werk everee one, tho sorree dad
set de afturr noon snax looze ‼️πŸ˜ΊπŸ’™πŸŸ