Friday, June 20, 2008

A Special Club

Now that the weather has become nice enough to ride my scooter to work, I've noticed some new things on the way. One of the heartwarming things every morning is I pass an elderly couple walking their dog. It's a tall dog and I probably wouldn't give this trio a second thought since there are many people walking their dogs near the park I live by. However the dog's trot is noticeably different although it's a trot I'm used to seeing every day. The dog is missing one of its front legs and thus has kinda of an urgent hop to its natural move forward.

I've thought about stopping my scooter to chat with the elderly couple to tell them all about my pride and joy, Thompson. I don't know if that'd be weird or not- how we belong to this unique club of living with a three legged animal. I'd of course want to pull out my iPhone to show this couple pictures of my boy but I'm not sure they'd appreciate this interruption to their morning walk. (Plus the dog might bark at me... a stranger approaching his humans...)

6 comments:

Karen Jo said...

I think that's really cool, seeing a couple with a three-legged dog every day. Maybe you should stop for a chat. As long as the dog just barks, you should be all right.

Parker said...

They probably would have enjoyed chatting with you!

gottagopractice said...

Go with your intuition...

Daisy said...

I'll bet the couple would enjoy hearing about Thompson!

Denise said...

Definitely stop and chat!

Ana said...

Next time you see the again, stop and have a chat with them! I guess they'd enjoy to hear about Thompson and your special club idea.