Thursday, July 19, 2007

Look Forward Not Up

It's been such a dry summer that whenever we get even a fraction of participation I look out the window and say to the boyz, "Hey guys... what is that stuff falling from the sky?" Then I chuckle.

The joke turned around on me yesterday. I had a late meeting at work and when I looked out the window it was pouring. This would be good news for those of us desperately hoping our lawns aren't completely dead, but since I had scooted to work I wasn't too pleased. Plus since I had worked late I had to go directly to the Twins game I had a ticket to, without stopping home.

It was like the whole city had shut down. You would think no one had ever seen rain before in their life. All the streets were snarled with traffic. It took me over 20 minutes to go about a mile knowing the baseball game was another 20 miles away and if I wanted to get there in time I had about an hour.

I arrived just as the first inning was beginning.

By the time I got home, it was very late. I was so tired I just fed the boyz and went straight to bed. They had none of that. Theo wanted attention. Diego wanted to be combed.

Oh, and the Twins lost.

2 comments:

Daisy said...

I hope you did not get too very soaked. Sorry your team lost, too :(

Unknown said...

My Mum has tried the old feed me dinner and then off to bed thing to. Like your boyz, I will have none of that. I need to be played with and cuddled each night too.