Monday, July 24, 2017

Blessed

I had to have a plumber over to fix a leaky shower head. He met all three boyz (it's too hard for Thompson to run and hide like he used to do when a strange person entered the house). The plumber looked at Thompson and said I was a great pet owner, inferring that I must be to have adopted a cat with a disability. I didn't correct him but the truth is, I'm the lucky one getting to spend the past 14 years living with Thompson.

He has such a great soul, both weary of trusting others, but loving those who he has learned to trust. He gets along with both of his brothers and often plays peacemaker between the two by being available when the fighting between Diego-San and Theo ends. He has slowed down a lot the past couple of years and spends almost all day sleeping or not moving much. But he still hops over to greet me when I come home, and the rare times he sits on my lap is appreciated all the more because it doesn't happen as often as it used to. When I hold him, he purrs and seems happy to have my attention. I love my boy.

3 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Thompson is a very special guy, and yes, you are so lucky to have him - Diego and Theo too.

Mickey's Musings said...

We are happy that you and Thompson share a special bond.
He is a very cool kitty.
Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

The Island Cats said...

He's definitely a special boy and you are so lucky to have him. :)