Thursday, December 20, 2007

I'm Not There

After trying for a month to see it, I finally made it to Todd Haynes' film I'm Not There yesterday. Being a Bob Dylan fan I quite enjoyed how the film incorporated many of the things Dylan has said and done over the years into this web of loosely connected versions of different actors (and actress) playing different versions of Bob. It worked like the best Dylan songs work- the sum is greater than the parts and individual scenes (and lyrics) might not make a whole lot of sense but by the end a definite mood and feeling is evocatively established.

Cate Blanchett as the strung out and headed for a crash mid-1960's Jude Quinn was my favorite Bob.

A worthwhile movie to see...

2 comments:

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

Bean is having Matt Damon fest on DVD. Since she get off work early today, she start early. I was hoping, she get off work early, she spend more time with me. Oh well.

Dma said...

The Bourne Ultimatum is on the top of my list of DVDs to see...

Can't you watch the movie with your Bean?