Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Difference Between Cats and Dogs

My dog sitting duties came to an end today. I had a nice time with Torii and Kurbie.

How is it that the general belief has come to be that dogs will eat anything and cats are finicky? This wasn't the case in my running back and forth between homes. Meal times were an adventure as Kurbie all but refused to eat. I had to coach him to eat each and every morsel of food by praising Torii for eating his own meal. Of course Kurbie wasn't so picky every time he was given a treat- a milk bone. And when I got home to my boyz all they wanted to do was eat. They made sure I was aware of that with their each and every move...

2 comments:

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

Some breeds of woofies have a problem with "food aggression" where they will try to eat everything in the area and not let the other woofies in their house have any. And some breeds will eat anything. Joan have to have special muzzle made to walk Tony because he will try to eat all the acorns that fall off the trees and make him self sick. There are some dogs that are picky though, just as come cats will eat anything. I am getting pickier as I get more spoiled. When I first move in with Loretta-Bean after living in the wild, I would eat anything - cheapest cat food on the shelf - no problem. Now I have best cat food in the world and I turn my nose up at half of it. Fancy Feast not even good enough for me anymore.

Daisy said...

Maybe the doggies were a little lonesome for their mom and dad and that's why they did not want to eat too much?