Monday, December 24, 2007

Cats and Dogs

My dog sittin duties began yesterday. And a worse day could not have been chosen weather wise. The storm started with freezing rain that coated the streets with ice. Then the snow came and strong winds. It would have been the perfect day to stay indoors.

M-, Kurbie, and Torii live about 40 minutes from my house. That is on a good day. Yesterday it took me well over an hour of white knuckled driving to get out there. Always amazes me how people who seemingly have lived here for a while can't seem to deal with bad driving conditions. In two separate instances the car in front of me spun out because they were going much too fast. Luckily in both cases I left enough room to be able to react and avoid a collision.

The plan today is to go back to M-'s right after work, then drive out to my house to spend some time and feed my boyz, and then go back to M-'s for the night. The forecast is for more snow.....

4 comments:

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

It's not quite so amazing when you consider that in another 2 months, all those people will be down here and they still won't know how to drive.

Meowy Catsmas to you and your family!

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

P.S. Remind Torii that now that he is an Angel, you expect him to act like one.

Dma said...

:-)

Given this Torii's makeup, I don't think that is a possibility...

Daisy said...

Well, at least those doggies are awfully cute!