Sunday, February 16, 2020

Adventure Averted

The boyz and I went from our man cave in the basement after an evening of watching TV up to the bedroom upstairs. When I got up the basement stairs I couldn’t believe how cold it felt in the kitchen. I looked at the weather gauge and it said the house temperature was 53 degrees.

I was worried there was an issue with the furnace and began thinking about how I would get the boyz to a hotel for the evening all the while wondering if the pipes would freeze and how I would prevent further disaster.

I went over to the thermostat and saw that it needed a new battery. Who knew that a dead thermostat could cause the furnace to stop running? Thankfully putting two new AA batteries in the thermostat fixed the problem. I don’t think the boyz would have enjoyed being dragged to a hotel and the cold drive there.


pilch92 said...

I didn't know the batteries would effect that. I miss the old fashioned ones you just turn.

catladymac said...

Glad that worked out ok for you and the boys - and that new batteries solved the problem (and that you had the right batteries on hand !)

The Island Cats said...

We learned that recently. Unfortunately, replacing the batteries didn’t fix the problem and we ended up having to get a new furnace.