Sunday, July 14, 2019

Hurricane

Visited the Lyndon Baines Johnson Presidential Library which is about a mile and a half from my hotel. I decided to walk despite the mid-90 degree Texas weather. By the time I got to the LBJ library, I was soaked in sweat. I was glad I had a chance to visit however, not just because of the air conditioning, but because I learned a lot about President Johnson who probably advanced the cause of racial equality as much as any President not named Lincoln.

The weather did make me wonder why anyone would decide Texas was a great place to hold a conference in mid-July. It’s hot all over the USA this time of year. It’s supposed to be in the nineties with high humidity the next several days in Minnesota. But there is little chance that the heat won’t be stifling in Texas this time of year. Plus with Hurricane Barry hitting the coast yesterday, it was the closest I’ve ever been to a hurricane (with the possible exception of my two year college relationship with a girl named Tammy).

I did leave the air conditioner running at a cool temperature for the boyz.

1 comment:

Mickey's Musings said...

Yikes! WE are happy to live hear the ocean.We seldom get temps that high!
Today is also overcast and a bit muggy.
We purr there is good A/C in your hotel.
Bet the boys miss you(and you them)
Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ