Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Theo

About a week after Thompson passed away, I found a few urine soaked spots on the carpet in the bedroom where one of the litter boxes was located. I assumed they came from Thompson because the last few months of his life, he struggled to use the litter box.

I removed the sections of carpet and found the damage went all the way to the wood floor below. I cleaned things up as best I could. About a week later I noticed one of the boyz had peed on the spot where the carpet was removed. I wondered if this was a sign of grief or a sign of marking territory.

I moved the litter box down to the basement where the other litter boxes are located. Last week I noticed one of the boyz had peed outside the boxes. I began to worry it was something physical and wondered how I was going to determine if it was Theo or Diego-san that should be brought to the vet. The past couple of days I noticed Theo smelling like urine so this morning, I brought him into the vet.

They tested a urine sample and found some abnormal cells. So he is going to get an ultrasound to determine if he has bladder cancer. They prescribed some medication because his stomach was tender and hopefully it will help address the urination issue.

The news, of course, was really hard to hear and I'm hoping for the best. I just can’t fathom losing yet another boy who has been so significant to me. Theo has been the most idiosyncratic soul I’ve ever met. Losing him in all this will be devastating.


5 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Oh no! I'm sending lots and lots of purrs to Theo. Please keep us posted.

cwcwccw said...

purrs for Theo

Mickey's Musings said...

We are sending lots and lots of healing purrs to Theo.
We hope it is an infection that can be treated.
Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

catladymac said...

We are sorry to read this ! We are sending purrayers and POTP for Theo.

The Island Cats said...

We sending lots of purrs and hoping it’s not something serious.