Monday, June 18, 2018

Diego's Big Adventure

Diego-san had his annual visit to the vet last Friday (not pictured here as I forgot my phone). The news wasn’t so good. He’s down a pound and a half from last year. I knew he probably had lost weight because he rarely finishes his meals anymore and sometimes I have to bribe him with treats in order to get him to eat anything.

The vet wants to do more extensive testing which I will get scheduled in the near future. I also asked him to check Diego-san’s anal glands since those have been an ongoing issue the past few years. Sure enough they were plenty full and one of them was blocked. Hopefully having the glands expressed will help him feel better and improve his appetite. He also clearly now likes wet food more than his dry food so I’m going to try to feed him more and more of that. Both he and Thompson are 16 years old now so I knew the day of declining health was coming. Still, all this makes me very sad. I’ve really enjoyed my time with all of the boyz and hope there are many more days together in our future...

5 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

I'm sending lots of purrs to Diego, and I hope you have lots of days with him too. <3

Mickey's Musings said...

We purr that Diego will feel better and get some of his appetite back.
He is a handsome kitty.
Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood....we hope ya haza bazillion dayz a head with dad two....we noe how
hard "teen yeers" can bee......N pleez tell dad ta look inta canned kitten
food; it's high in cal o reez.....may bee a can everee three dayz ore sew
will help ♥♥

Jans Funny Farm said...

Several of mine are older and it is sad to watch them age and decline. We hope Diego has many more good days to share with you.

The Island Cats said...

We’re sending purrs to Diego-San and hope whatever is going on is treatable. Wet food is better for him...more moisture which is good for a senior kitty.