Saturday, June 29, 2013

Horse Sense

We had some pretty bad storms roll through these parts last weekend.  We were fortunate that although some pretty big tree branches fell in our yard, none damaged anything.  Also, unlike many in the area, we never lost power.  I did notice during the rainfall however that our gutters weren't guttering very well so yesterday I brought the ladder out to clean the gutters out.  There was quite a bit of slop (decomposing leaves and branches) and it stunk up to high heaven.  No matter how many times I washed them, my hands still kind of smelled like I had been working with horses.  Believe me, Thompson noticed...

4 comments:

Mr Puddy said...

Good to know you all are safe !!!
Strange smell bring new story, I'm sure Thompson love that ; )
Have a great weekend

Katnip Lounge said...

ooooh, eau de horse crap! The Baby thinks she might love you. Or at least your hands.

The Island Cats said...

Poor Thompson...

Lida Swisher said...

It's a good thing you don't have any major repairs to do for your house despite the slew of storms. At least your gutters are well-maintained. It's worth the hard work and the smell. Keeping your gutters clean is necessary, so you don't run into any problems with your gutters or your roofing later.

Waddle Exteriors