Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Thanks Guyz

I've lived with Diego-san and Thompson for over six years now, and Theo for over four. Still they are quite capable of surprising me now and again...

Last night I took a tumble during our curling match and smacked my head against the ice. I never lost consciousness, my vision was fine and I had a relatively minor headache. Still given what happened to Natasha Richardson last year, it occurred to me the smart thing to do would be to go to the hospital and have things checked out. But since my symptoms were not very severe I decided to go home and see if things got worse. I told the boyz before I went to bed that I hoped I wasn't making a mistake and hoped to make it to the next day since it was my birthday. It just wouldn't seem right passing away the night before a birthday...

There must have been something in the tone of my voice because Diego-san spent most of the night cuddled up right next to me. He usually starts that way when I get into bed but shortly afterward he'll move to a more open spot. Not last night- he dug himself into my armpit and purred and purred away. It was early, but it was the best birthday gift a guy could ever ask for...

My head hurt a little today and I have quite the bump, but I don't seem any worse for the wear...

4 comments:

Cat with a Garden said...

So it's your birthday today? Our concatulations! We bet the incident yesterday makes one appreciate life. ; ) Humans sometimes forget that every minute is precious...
Have a wonderful day.
Purrs, Siena & Chilli

Daisy said...

I'm glad you made it through the night! You shouldn't take chances like that (said in scolding tone). I hope you have a very happy birthday!

The Island Cats said...

Happy Birthday! What a great gift Diego-san gave you...cuddling with you all night! We hope your head feels better!

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Happy Birthday! Kitties always give the best birthday gifts. Enjoy your kitties every moment you are together!